TEXT & COLLECT PRESCRIPTION SERVICE
We operate a Prescription Ordering Service via our Text & Collect number 087 6423882. Please give at least 24 hour's notice for non-urgent prescriptions.
Did you know your Doctor can now email your prescription directly to your pharmacy?Now more than ever we are aware of the need for people to stay safely in their homes. But, getting your prescription has just become even easier than before! The Minister of Health has recently changed the prescription legislation here in Ireland, which now allows your GP to email your prescription directly to your pharmacy via ‘Healthmail’. Healthmail is a secure clinical email system set up by the HSE which reduces the need for patients to visit GP surgeries or hospitals to collect their script.
Once a prescription is received from a GP, our pharmacists can then dispense your medicines and will contact you via text to arrange collection or delivery of your prescription.
If you would like to get your prescription sent directly to our pharmacy then please let your GP know that they may forward your prescription directly to us via Healthmail. The email address for your GP to forward prescriptions to is email@example.com. Please ask your GP to include your mobile phone number in the email so that we can text you back when your prescription is ready.
If you wish to speak to a member of our team, you can do so on 094 9362780
Note: our Healthmail system is checked hourly during the day so please allow sufficient time for your prescription to be received, read and dispensed.
* Only accounts in the Healthmail network can email each other e.g. GP Surgeries to Pharmacies or Hospitals and vice versa. It is not possible to receive a mail from outside of this network e.g. Gmail. Prescriptions sent to other e-mail addresses are not valid.
FLYNN'S PHARMACY PRESCRIPTION APP
Looking for an easy and convenient way to pick up a prescription for you and your family?
Introducing the new Flynn's Pharmacy Mobile App. Simply use the App to order your prescription with us and we will message you when it’s ready to collect.
It’s that easy!
With the launch of our brand-new Flynn's Pharmacy app, you reduce your waiting time and can instantly view your medical history, with the touch of a button. This new innovative app provides an all-in-one platform for patient and carer medical management.
The all-in-one app provides a direct link to us here at Flynn's Pharmacy allowing patients and carers to upload their prescriptions to the system and order within a few quick clicks. Once the prescription is ready, the app will send a notification directly to the phone and can be collected with the original paper prescription at the customer’s own convenience*.
This click-and-collect service is ideal for busy parents and carers alike, they can simply pre-order a prescription and avoid having to wait in the queues for it to be prepared. The app also allows consumers to directly message their pharmacist with queries about their medicines, receive medication reminders, and provides access to their complete medicine history. These unique elements will be useful for consumers who require an out-of-hours emergency service, if they are attending a different GP, or for those in caring roles for older people who often have several different prescriptions at one time.
Benefits of the App
- Current medication -The patient or carer can order the medication items that are on ‘repeat prescribing'. These will automatically be notified to the pharmacy and placed on the work schedule of the dispensary, ensuring that they are prepared and ready to be collected on the date that the patient has indicated.
- Prescription History - The patient or their approved carer can view their prescription and medicines dispensed history. This feature is particularly useful if the patient needs to access emergency or out-of-hours care, or when on holiday as it gives other health care professionals a full and clear view of the medication which the patient has been prescribed.
- Pharmacy details - The Flynn's App also provides the patient with contact details and our opening hours. Patients can also take and send a photograph of any new prescription, thereby speeding up the time that the patient needs to spend in the pharmacy waiting for the prescription to be filled.
*Customers collecting repeat prescriptions will not need the original paper prescription as it will be stored on file. In this instance, customers can simply show a photo of the repeat prescription on their Flynn's Pharmacy app.
DOWNLOAD THE APP IN 5 EASY STEPS
1. Go to the App Store or Google Play
2. Search for Flynn's Pharmacy App
3. Download the Flynn's Pharmacy App
4. Visit Flynn's Pharmacy, receive your registration code from your Pharmacist and this will activate your pharmacy history.
5. You are ready to order your medication from your phone
Download the App today on Google Play or the iPhone App Store
Flynn's Pharmacy - serving our community for over 40 years