Carraig Fhada Carrageen Moss
This product is currently sold out.
Carrageen Irish Moss is a red shoreline seaweed traditionally used in the treatment of colds, sore throats and coughs. This Carrageen remedy can be added to smoothies, yogurts, porridge or just enjoyed straight from the spoon. Add as many or as little extras as you wish, our favourites are lemon and ginger, especially when feeling under the weather.
10g of Carrageen Seaweed
500ml of water
Lemon/cloves/ginger/sugar/honey/cordial – to taste, to your own preferences
- Soak 10g of carrageen in a bowl of cold water for 15 mins.
- Place soaked carrageen in a pan with 500ml of water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins – the seaweed should break up into little pieces and the liquid thickens.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve, making sure you get all the liquid through the sieve with a spoon.
- Add lemon/cloves/ginger/sugar/honey/cordial to taste – to your own preferences.
- Allow to cool and decant into a re-sealable jar/container (a jam jar is perfect!). Once the mixture is cooled it will set into a jelly. This will keep in the fridge for 1 week.