Balance Activ BV Treatment Gel
This product is currently sold out.
Balance Activ BV Treatment Gel is a quick, safe and effective way to treat Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) by restoring the natural pH level in the vagina and suporting the natural flora in the vagina. The easy to use gel comes in a disposable applicator tube, which is simply inserted into the vagina, squeezed, then removed and discarded. This clinically proven treatment contains no antibiotics but has bene shown to be as effective as the antibiotic Metronidazole/Flagyl.
The treatment course lasts seven days but you should notice an improvement in BV symptoms within 2-3 days. Balance Activ BV Treatment Gel is suitable to use in pregnancy, breastfeeding or using alongside antibiotics. The gel can be used for both treatment of BV and prevention of BV recurrence.
- Strengthens and supports healthy vaginal flora
- pH balancing by lowering and stabilising the pH value in the vagina
- Reduces odour and abnormal discharge
- Relieves any itching and burning sensations
- Moisturising and hydrating the vaginal tract
- Prevents recurrence of BV
What Is Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is a very common condition affecting 1 in 3 women of childbearing age at some stage in their lifetime. BV usually occurs when the pH level in the vagina becomes less acidic and can cause the proliferation of bad bacteria. As BV is caused by bacteria, this is a principal difference between BV and thrush, which is caused by a yeast infection (fungal proliferation).
What Are The Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis / BV?
- An unpleasant fishy odour
- A greyish watery discharge
- BV does not usually cause soreness in your vagina
What Causes BV?
BV is caused when bacteria proliferates in the vagina at the expense of your normal vaginal flora such as lactobacillus.
There are a number of factors which can affect your vaginal pH level.
- Taking antibioics
- Sexual activity
- Using an IUD
- Vaginal douching
- Using perfumed deodorants or products in your vagina area