Benylin Dry Cough Syrup
This product is currently sold out.
Benylin Dry Coughs Syrup soothes and relieves dry irritating coughs. Benylin Dry Coughs starts working the moment you swallow, to ease irritation caused by dry coughs. It contains powerful cough suppressants to help stop the cough and an antihistamine which relieves coughing as well as drying up secretions in the nose and chest.
Benefits & Features
- Immediate soothing effect
- Powerful cough relief
- Aids restful sleep
Dosage: For Oral Use
- Adults and children over 12 years: Two 5 ml spoonfuls 3 or 4 times a day.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- As with all similar medicines, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist.
What's in this medicine?
The active ingredients in 5 ml of Benylin Dry Coughs are: 14 mg Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, 6.5 mg Dextromethorphan hydrobromide and 2 mg Levomenthol.
Other ingredients are: Liquid glucose, sucrose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), caramel (E150), raspberry flavour, carbomer, Ponceau 4R (E124) and water.
This product contains 5% ethanol (alcohol)
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- May cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other medication or are being treated for any medical condition.
- Avoid alcoholic drink
- Children should be supervised whilst taking this product.
- This product may potentiate the effects of alcohol and other central nervous system depressants.
- Do not take this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema or if the cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm, unless directed by a doctor.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Keep bottle tightly closed.
- Do not use if bottle seal is broken when purchased.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Please see leaflet for further information